Thursday, November 26, 2009

Crazy curly thick frizzy hair...HELP!!!!!!?

Okay, here is the problem...



I have very thick, curly red hair. The curls on the side are pretty ringlet like curls but the back reminds me a bit like ramen noodles!!! Showers take so long because I have to brush my hair and I lose so much hair! I ring a lot of the water out (I have tried leaving it sopping wet and then applying product but that seems to make it fluffy) I apply garnier fructis leave in conditioner and comb through it. Then I apply garnier fructis soft curl creme. THEN I diffuse it. I know air drying it is better but diffusing gives me more body and more defined curls. I sleep with my hair in a high ponytail in a scrunchie but no matter what I do I get awful knots at the nape! And usually get some sort of rats nest in the back.



Ok so now that you have read that huge thing I guess I'll get to the question(s).



-Product suggestions? The garnier fructis stuff has wax which I think is bad for my hair and whenever I take a shower there is yellowish foam left in it.



Crazy curly thick frizzy hair...HELP!!!!!!?

I have psycho curly thick frizz hair as well. All of my hair is in supercurl mode, but goes to a very soft, wavy testure when I brush it enough. Trust me, when it comes to thick hair, the hairbrush strand thief is your friend. If it weren't for him, my hair'd be horizontal by now.



Anyways, I would suggest daily showers (they're nice, plus you get to try to get your hair in some sort of condition.) I tend to lightly shampoo, then condition your hair. Bring a brush into the shower and run it through the conditioner-filled hair, which gets rid of all of my knots in my rat's nest.



Rinse it out, starting with your original water temperature, then colder, then colder, till its pretty cool (I hate cold showers but if you do it gradually it helps.) The hair, for some reason, holds less cold water than hot. When you finish with the shower, towel dry--make your head parallel to the ground and, with a thick towel, start at the top of the hair and rub your hand on opposite sides of the towel while bringing it down. Brush it right after this to ensure that the toweling antics don't knot up your hair. Don't use a hair drier. The cold water method makes my spongey, holds-water-in-all-day-long hair almost completely dry.



For products, I use VO5 and Suave. The Suave Humectant conditioner is working pretty well for me, and VO5 is great overall--it's cheap, smells nice, and works. Plus it isn't a pain to get out.



Crazy curly thick frizzy hair...HELP!!!!!!?

There are a few things you can do to help: First, you need to use a shampoo and conditioner that is either for curls or smoothing (not straightening, but frizz-fighting). IT sounds stupid, but it really does make a difference. You mentioned that you are brushing out your hair in the shower; make sure you only do this with conditioner in your hair, because brushing wet hair will cause a lot of damage. Products like Curls Rock by Catwalk are great for styling creams. Apply them before you use the diffuser or air dry. Before you go to bed, apply a leave in conditioner (like Healthy Sexy Hair SoyTri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner), which should fight the tangling. Hope this helps, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus