Thursday, November 26, 2009

I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave. How can I make it hold the curls?

I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave to it. I am growing it as long as I can to donate it to kids with cancer. I would love to get a body wave, but they wont take processed hair. As soon as my hair is touched with product or dries, i look like I got a REALLY bad perm. How can I make the body my hair has curl without it being crunchy from product or stringy because its so heavy? I want those big barrel waves that so many celebs are sporting.



I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave. How can I make it hold the curls?

Use a ceramic curling iron.



my hair never used to curl but when i got a ceramic iron it was really easy.



Also look into getting a spiral curling iron it makes it really simple to get a perfect curl.



http://www.nextag.com/Conair-CD88RCS-Cer...



I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave. How can I make it hold the curls?

use rollers and add a bit off mousse or hairspray



I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave. How can I make it hold the curls?

Use gel. But pick a mild one like Tresseme.. That is what I use and I have hair like yours.



I have very long, thick hair with a natural wave. How can I make it hold the curls?

Applause for the Locks Of Love program - I donated my ponytail last fall and felt really good about doing it.



Best product for thick wavy hair (non crunchy finish) is Frizz-Ease from John Frieda. You only need a little bit and it makes those shiny barrel-curls more defined if you use a large barrel-hot iron or wide curlers. Also a wide diffuser works best to dry your hair without raising the hair shaft (ie, creating a rough surface = frizzies)



No perms! That will ruin your texture - trust me I know :(



Good luck and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus