Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything abou

I also have layers so I want my hair to be between Loose and Tight (But not to tight) curls,



I don't know what hairspray,products and/or gel (if you can use gel for curling) anything like that to use and should I use a normal or spiral curling iron. Can somebody help me and give me like a step by step on how and what to use for curling hair.



Thanks for Your Help:)



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

I too have really thick hair and natural wave.If you have natural wave or curl this will be very easy. When I curl my hair there are two ways to go about it. You can either let your hair dry naturally or blow dry. You need a curling iron with a one inch barrel, or smaller. Hair spray I use is fantasia spray gel. Any kind will suffice. Take top layers of hair and pin up and start on bottom layer, pick up small piece of hair, spray gel on ends, make sure you get the curling iron to the ends of hair. For a spiral curl when curling the hair hold curling iron in a straight up and down position and I turn my curls toward face, hold for about 30 to 60 seconds and release hair. Do not uncurl, just release hair. If curl looks good mist some more hairspray, then go to next strand. Curl the bottom, then release next layer and do the same, then the top. Do not touch curls until done with all of the hair, then take your fingers after completely finished with curling and place where you want. It is also good to have some type of gel that is for separating and adding volume. Apply this to your fingers when separating curls. Not a lot just wet finger tips with it. I would say you could find this at any salon or probably Wal Mart or CVS, When I get through I usually turn my head over and take my fingers through my hair again to give more volume. When you are happy with the looks of your hair, spray a little hair spray again. Don't go over board with the hair spray. A sprial curling iron would be good if you want spiral curls, or you can use a regular one. You just have to have a smaller barrel, you don't want a curling iron with a big barrel. If I were you I would try doing this before the holidays to see if I could do it, and how it would look and to estimate how long it will take. It usually takes me longer to do this than to use the flat iron. Hope I have helped you and good luck with your holiday style. Happy Holidays!!!!!



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

I know what you mean.



My hair is T-H-I-C-K



The best way to curl it is...



Don't do all of your hair, just the top layer.



That way, it won't all look like think curls.



But, it'll look fantastic.



GOOD LUCK.....merry christmas Report It



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

go to a stylist! :)



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

just go to a salon that's what i would do!



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

why are you going yo have curl in your hair it going to be cute



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

Why dont you just get your hair thinned? Then it will be so much easier to curl. But if you like thick hair, dont curl it. It will become a big mess.



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

you can get a crimper look it up on www.google.com it has good answers



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

go to the saloon and ask for a "loose curl" look



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

I love hot rollers, if you don't have some you should go out and buy some. Straighten your hair the night before and then allow about 1 1/2 hours before to work on your hair. I absolutley love Garner Fructis max hold hair spray (but i can't spell it... lol), and it works great and smells really good! You will look so good



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

If you dont want to go to a salon then try hot rollers. Use a setting mist before you put them in and let them sit about 30 mins, the smaller the sections of hair the curlier it will be. But try calling a salon near you if you dont want to do it and just price them, I know at our salon for someone who just wants it shampooed and styled its not much and it cant hurt to ask. Plus while your there ask the stylist what they suggest you to do to your hair at home. Example tools, products and tips. Its free advice while your there. I am a hairstylist and i love giving advice or showing my clients new things. Thats are job!



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

gurrrrl let me tell you)snap snap) lol jk well first after u wash ur hair u blow dry it and flat iron then curl wit a electric curler or u could use those hot curling rollers, then just lightly spritz it, you take the end of ur hair (in sections at a time) and take the curler and grab it and curl it all the way til u get close to ur head and hold for a few sec, then let it go and curl and by the time ur done the curls will fall a little and then u can put some hair holder or whatever that way they can keep their not so loose or tite curl...whew ok



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

well i wanted to surl my hair the best thing that worked for me was a normal curling iron. nothing fancy, but it works. be sure to buy the latest ones though .*)



Hi, I have really thick hair and I want to curl it for Christmas but I don't know anything about curling hair:

When my girls were little, I used to put those pink sponge curlers in their hair.



With your hair slightly damp, not soaking wet, roll your hair in these pink sponge curlers. They make them in different sizes, buy the biggest ones. They are pretty cheap and you can get them at any drug store or stores like Walmart, Kmart, etc.



Wrap your hair around them where the roller is straight up and down (vertical), not side to side (horizontal). You mentioned your hair was thick....don't put too much hair around each roller or your hair won't curl well. Use small sections of hair, not big globs.



My girls used to sleep in them overnight (with them being sponge, they are very comfortable against your head) and the next morning I would use the hair dryer to make sure their hair was completely dry. When your hair is dry take the rollers out of your hair and using a vent brush (not a bristle brush) or hair pick, lightly brush out your hair.



Their hair would be big, loose curls laying down their back...just beautiful.



If you choose to use a curling iron, either one will work...it just depends on what type of curl you are looking for. Hair curls best when it is not freshly washed. You can also put mousse or styling gel in your hair before curling, just don't use too much or your hair will look dirty and stiff.



Take SMALL sections of hair and wrap around the curling iron with the curling iron up and down and hold it there for a few seconds...the longer you hold it, the better the curl. Start in the back and work your way forward. Also start at the top of your head and work your way down.



After you've curled all of your hair, LIGHTLY mist it with hair spray. Let the hairspray completely dry...you can also use your hair dryer on low to dry the hair spray. Then take your fingers and run them through your curls to separate the curls. A brush will flatten the curl and/or make a fuzzy mess.



When you have it looking the way you want....spray with hairspray again to set it.



Hot rollers are also another option. If you aren't comfortable rolling your hair, I wouldn't suggest using hot rollers as you may burn yourself and those suckers get HOT!



READ THIS WEBSITE:



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylingto...



or this one



http://www.ehow.com/how_2831_curl-hair-w...



At the bottom of these websites are other links that tell you how to do different hair styles with a curling iron. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus