Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

Right now my hair is about 2 inches below my shoulders, with some long layers and a middle part. It's thick enough for two people, so it just looks poofy or very Shirly Temple-like when I curl it. It straightens very nicely, but that's very bad for my hair so I don't like to do it too often.



I was thinking about getting it cut with side- swept bangs that DO NOT cover my eyes, and long layers with the shortest being a little longer than chin-length, but stil keeping the overall length of my hair the same.



I'm afraid my hair will just be more poofy if I do this, and make my face look rounder than it is,though.



Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid the poofiness, or pictures of a style similar to this? Thanks.



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

If you have "poofy" hair then the longer the better! The weight of your hair will weigh it down and it will look straighter. As far as the side bangs, i probably would not get them unless you want to have to fix them every day and they are probably going to need lots of products in them to stay just the way that you want them! Also, you are worried about your face looking rounder, if you are a chunkier person then short hair just makes people look shorter and rounder all together! I hope this helps you!!!



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

frizz-ease... my bff.



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

take my advise - DONT GET A SIDE FRING/BANG!! i got one and i regreted it ever since. they are really anoying and you have to make sure its straight all the time otherwise it looks odd.



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

you should let your hair longer %26lt;3 so it'll not look 'poofy' o wutevs u call it haha :) shorter hair WILL make you look chubbier. take vanessa anne hudgens for example in hsm2. she's petite with a small face, tht's why she did THAT hair, to look chubbier %26lt;3



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

I know exatly what you mean!!! I have EXACTLY THE SAME HAIR!! AND I did get the bangs you are talking about and it didn't make my hair more poofy, but more polished.



NOW, let's talk products...this is where you REALLY need help my sweet friend! I know all ths because I have curly hair that goes below my shoulder blades almost to my waist in the back. I have some long layers,some LONG bangs that I side sweep and like to tuck behind my ears. IF YOU DO GET BANGS, DO NOT GET THEM TOO SHORT OR THEY WILL BE POOFY AND CURL UP EVEN SHORTER: CUT THEM AROUND CHIN LENGHTH!!!



PRODUCTS, PRODUCTS, PRODUCTS, unfortunately for us curly haired gals we have to go through so many things to find the right prducts!!! The BESTEST 2 PRODUCTS IN MY ARESENAL ARE: FREDRIC FEKKAI'S GLOSSING CREAM %26amp; BIOSILK SILK THERAPHY, now I mix a few others I have when I just get out of the shower then put my hair back up in a towel w/ the products in my hair. You will have to play around w/ other products, but I use even more that that, probably between 4-5 total to avoid the "shirley temple, poodle" frizzy look! I hope this helps, feel free to ask me more anytime, but I know what you are going through and feel for you!



Side-swept bangs for Thick, Wavy Hair?

Don't do it unless you have a hairstylist that can work it out and has experience with thick hair! I also have hair enough for two people and it's wavy. I just decided to do the swoop bang thing the other day and HATE it! blending is the key, if not you'll end up with shelf/poof like results. I'm sure it could be done to suit you with the help of a great stylist, don't trust just anyone like I did. I can send ya pictures later if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus