Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Im a guy, and i have short thick, coarse hair, i need to gel it...?

every time my friends do their hair the strands go up easy and slick and together. When i do my hair, each hair stands up individually like a porcuipine and it doesnt look good. my friends tried and they couldnt do it - it also begins to come down after a while even if i use a lot of gel- how should i gel my hair



(i use ICE)



i think my hair is thick, thats why it doesnt go up right



Im a guy, and i have short thick, coarse hair, i need to gel it...?

ICE is the devil. Use something else.



I had the porcupine problem for awhile. What you need to do is use PLENTY (heaping, almost) amounts of conditioner in the shower (if you don't already, get something like Pantene Pro V Smooth n Sleek conditioner and shampoo SEPARATE not mixed) and make sure that you throughly wash it and repeat if it still feels chunky. Use this treatment for awhile until your hair begins to get softer.



As for gel, I recommend Redken Stand Tough. VERY shiny and good for holding, almost glue. Remember- your hair is like a pet, repeat lessons and it will do what you want it to.



Im a guy, and i have short thick, coarse hair, i need to gel it...?

Have you ever thought of shaving it off. A razor don't cost near what a jar of gel costs, plus it is less maintenance.



Im a guy, and i have short thick, coarse hair, i need to gel it...?

You know what I recommend that you use some pomade and wax to tender your hair volume more and enable a more flexible and steady hair do. Many times gel does not do the trick itself. I myself had the same problem and couldn't really work with my hair til I bumped with a hair stylist who told me to use some pomade. She recommended me to use Redken since its a good bargain and effective. However, there is better brands out there that can do a better job. You should go to sephora online or Bloomingdale's if you live in the united states.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus